Greetings Program Directors/Coordinators and NCHIMA Students,
NCHIMA is pleased to announce the 2018 Scholarship Award! Potentially, there will be two (2) scholarships awarded, one for a RHIT student and one for a RHIA student. Both scholarships will be in the amount of $500. Also, NCHIMA is offering a potential $1,000 scholarship to an HIM graduate student or educator teaching at a CAHIIM program with a campus in NC pursuing a graduate degree.
In order to be eligible for any scholarship the following criteria must be met:
- You must be a student in good standing in a CAHIIM accredited Health Information Management, Health Information Technology Program, or Masters in Health Information Management in North Carolina and be a member of NCHIMA.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in college work completed. Official transcript required.
- Obtain recommendation from your Health Information Management Program Director (HIM students) Health Information Technology Program Director (HIT students) or Health Information Management Master’s Level Program Director (Graduate students) along with two (2) additional letters of recommendations. Volunteerism with NCHIMA is strongly encouraged and a letter of recommendation from a Program Chairperson or a Regional Coordinator would be acceptable.
- Submit a typed resume that you will upload when completing the online scholarship application.
- Completion of the online NCHIMA Scholarship Application.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship will be March 31, 2018. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding the scholarship application process, please feel free to email Sherry King at SNKing@wakemed.org . Best of luck to all of the applicants!