Getting to Know Your Legislators
Advocacy does not end when Hill Day is over. Getting to know your legislators and establishing an ongoing relationship with them is key to successful advocacy. Before you contact your legislator or meet with him/her at Hill Day, do your due-diligence and research a few key facts to make the experience both fun and worthwhile. Be sure to know…
1. Political party affiliation
2. Legislative committees on which they serve
3. Leadership positions held
4. Voting records on issues that concern you
5. Personal facts about them – profession, education, etc.
6. You can find your representatives by clicking on the map below or visiting AHIMA Advocacy Assistant.
7. The 2012 North Carolina legislative directory can be found here.