UNC Lenoir Health Care
Located in Kinston, NC
There are many great benefits
to working here—and living here.
UNC Lenoir Health Care is more than a workspace for healthcare professionals. It’s a welcoming place where you can build a tremendously fulfilling career and experience a lifestyle that is practically unparalleled. Make the most of your career, and your life, with UNC Lenoir Health Care.
In addition to competitive pay, you’ll enjoy the following benefits and career advantages:
- Health Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Relocation Assistance
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Exceptional Paid Time Off – Accrual starts on day 1!
- FREE access to our on-site Wellness Center
Enjoy Exceptional Paid Time Off – Accrual starts on day 1!
From the time you start through your 2nd year of service, you will earn 24 days per year. And it only goes up from there.
3-4 years – 27 days per year
5-13 years – 30 days per year
14-24 years – 34 days per year
25+ years – 36 days per year
You will also receive FREE access to our on-site Wellness Center as part of our benefits package.
The Audit Coordinator position serves in dual capacity by overseeing all coding and clinical validation audits conducted by internal and external entities to ensure effective management of audit response process. The Audit Coordinator also reviews and analyzes documentation present in the medical record for inpatient and outpatient services to validate the accuracy of ICD, CPT, HCPCS, MS-DRG and APC code assignments.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management or Nursing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HIM or Nursing: a minimum of two years of healthcare experience required.
- Associate’s Degree in HIM or Nursing: a minimum of three years of healthcare experience required.
- Healthcare experience required in one of the following areas: coding, clinical documentation improvement, case management, auditing, compliance and/or finance or revenue cycle management.
RHIA, RHIT, or CCS RN with credentials in one of the specified areas preferred.
It only takes three or four minutes, but it could enhance your career for years to come.
Make the most of your career, and your life, with UNC Lenoir Health Care. To learn about additional career opportunities, please visit our career site at
Like us on Facebook: UNCLenoirCareers
Follow us on Twitter: @UNCLenoirJobs
Connect with us on LinkedIn: UNC Lenoir Health Care
UNC Lenoir Heath Care is an equal opportunity employer.