Sampson Regional Medical Center
Sampson Regional Medical Center is hiring a Director of Health Information Management!
This is a full-time position. The selected candidate for this position will report to the Chief Financial Officer. The Director of Health Information Management is responsible for being the primary departmental expert on maintenance, support functions, and implementation of systems and devices used in the Health Information Management Department; works in collaboration with the MIS Department with the implementation, maintenance and support of systems and devices used in the Health Information Management Department; utilizes the philosophy of Sampson Regional Medical Center as a framework from which all goals and objectives are derived; and coordinates and maintains the hospital’s Charge Master by reviewing new and/or updated charges for CPT codes. Additional responsibilities include the following: maintains quality and ethical coding standards through DRG validation. Directs, coordinates, implements, trains, and evaluates the Health Information Management Analysts, Health Information Management Charge Analysts, Health Information Management Coders, and the Health Information Management Coding Supervisor; directs, coordinates, and monitors the quality of documentation, signatures, and scanned documentation; monitors performance and quality; plans, organizes, manages and facilitates various budges including: Capital Budget, Operating Budget, Personnel Budget and Position control; Chairs the Medical Record Review Committee and performs as an active member of the Information Management team, Medical Staff By-Laws Committee, Meditech Core Group as a systems super-user, Performance Improvement, and Corporate Compliance by developing and maintaining a Corporate Compliance Plan, monitoring and reporting compliance with the plan; serves as Privacy Officer for SRMC; and maintain knowledge in areas of compliance, government rules and regulations, CMS, HIPAA, RAC, TJC, OIG, LCD, and NCD’s.
- B.S. in Health Information Management from a four-year college or university or higher education (e.g. Master’s Degree). Completion of the credentials examination given by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and receipt of a passing score. Maintained at least one of the following credentials: Registered Health information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), and may also have the additional certificate for ICD-10-CM/PCS Train the Trainer via continuing education.
- Progressive experience in the Health Information Management field. Previous Assistant Director or Director experience. Previous coding experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate with department staff, upper management, medical, and clinical personnel.
- Ability to multi-task. Good project management skills.
- Ability to interpret data and develop charts and graphs.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows products, implementation and maintenance of an electronic health record, data base design and maintenance, interfaces, and other related technology.
- Must be knowledgeable in reimbursement systems (Medicare, Medicaid, and Third-Party Payers).
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please email cover letter and resume directly to Amy Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org