Guilford Technical Community College
The Program Director in collaboration with the Division Chair provides the vision and leadership required to realize the mission of the Health Information Technology (HIT) Program, the Healthcare and Office Administration department (HOA), and the college at large. Primary administrative responsibilities include program development/management, budget development/management, maintaining programmatic accreditation/external partnerships and providing operational supervision to full and part time faculty and staff in the department. Instructional responsibilities require a strong HIT skill set and the ability to teach students effectively in an instructional environment. The Program Director is a member of the full-time faculty and maintains a teaching load with some administrative release time to carry out duties.
- Three years of relevant professional experience in the field to include current medical coding protocols (e.g., CPT/ICD)
- Three years demonstrated teaching experience in Health Information Technology within a post-secondary institution or health care setting.
- Experience with information technology processes/products such as database management, data analytics and use of Electronic Health Record software and Microsoft products.
- Experience with direct employee supervision and management
- Greater than three years of relevant professional experience in the field to include current medical coding protocols (e.g., CPT/ICD)
- Greater than three years demonstrated teaching experience in Health Information Technology within a post-secondary institution
- Experience developing and maintaining an effective curriculum to include outcomes assessment and program evaluation.
- Experience with Health Information Technology national accreditation standards and procedures, i.e.CAHIIM
- Experience with alternate instructional delivery systems to include a learning management system
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Technology/Management or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) OR as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Master’s Degree in Health Information Technology/Management or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
Commensurate with experience
Apply Online: https://gtcc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2469