Black Mountain Neuro-Medical Treatment Center
The State of North Carolina invites applications for the position of HIM Coder/ Statistician at Black Mountain Neuro-Medical Treatment Center, Health Information Management (Medical Record) Department.
Black Mountain Neuro-medical Treatment Center is a specialized long-term care facility that enhances the quality of life and maintains the dignity of persons with developmental disorders and specialized dementia whose needs exceed the resources available in the community by providing respectful, individualized, compassionate and quality care.
- data entry to include compiling, maintaining, and analyzing HIM statistical and informational logs and reports, applying ICD-10 coding conventions and guidelines to assign diagnostic codes;
- standardize record procedures;
- safeguard client records and promote confidentiality;
- and to assure the protection of the legal rights of the residents, the facility, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with logic, accuracy, attention to detail, and adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to compile and maintain accurate data
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other department staff and the public
- Demonstrated skill using various tools and technology, including windows-based computer applications, and calculator
- at least one year of college/technical education with emphasis on statistics, computers, medical terminology, anatomy, coding
- or experience in medical records/HIM
- or experience working with computer databases and knowledge of ICD-10 coding principles
High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and two years of related administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the required qualifications. Application must be made on-line; resume will not be accepted in lieu of application.