ABOUT CONE HEALTH:
Cone Health is a state of the art network of facilities providing patients access to the latest developments in medical care from their first moments of life through later years. Our network offers the most breakthrough treatments and technology available in healthcare today. As a teaching hospital, we offer employees the opportunity to become leaders in the industry and continued growth from their first day on. Extraordinary patient care is about being “high-touch” as well as “high-tech”. Community service and superior patient care are the cornerstones of our organization, a philosophy that is demonstrated by each and every one of our valued team members. We are proud to be the largest private, not-for-profit employer of choice in the Piedmont, NC area community. Additionally, as one of the region’s largest and most comprehensive health networks, Cone Health has more than 100 locations, including six hospitals, three ambulatory care centers, three outpatient surgery centers, four urgent care centers, a retirement community, and more than 100 physician practice sites. Our tagline – “The Network for Exceptional Care” – highlights our commitment to excellence, which is shared by our more than 11,000 employees, 1,300 physicians and 1,200 volunteers.
Cone Health is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with our online job submission process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at 866-266-3767 to request an accommodation.
LOCATION: Cone Health, SW-Health Information Mgmt
Exempt: Yes | FTE: 1.0 (40 hours/week) | Schedule: M-F 8-5 | On Call: NO
Accountable to effectively supervise and assure completion of all tasks by staff in a timely, efficient and compliant manner. Responsible for the following areas of Health Information Management: File area, Research/Audit, Record Processing and Release of Information.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field and Associates Degree in Health Information Technology
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management
- Required – Two (2) years management experience in Health Information Management Department
- Preferred – Five (5) years management experience in Health Information Management Department
- RHIT – Registered Health Info Tech
- Valid Driver’s License – Valid North Carolina driver’s license required. If driving a Cone Health vehicle, must have five (5) years of driving experience and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
- Reg Health Info Administrator
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Manage the daily operations of the HIM Operations Division across multiple campuses and collaborate with the other HIM divisions in order to provide timely, cost-effective, quality service to our patients, staff and the community. 30 %
- Manage and monitor quality and productivity standards of all staff to successfully achieve departmental and system objectives through LEAN thinking and processes. 20 %
- Manage all Human Resources functions for direct reports to include recruiting, training and scheduling to ensure adequate coverage. 10 %
- Assure compliance with state/federal regulations, The Joint Commission, and hospital policy regarding confidentiality, information release, and records standards for your division. 10 %
- Develop and revise job procedures and descriptions as needed. 10 %
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the departmental budget and objectives. 10 %
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation and evaluation of strategies needed to support the fulfillment of HIM initiatives. With a focus on increasing efficiency and customer service, assess and identify needs for departmental operational and organizational workflow improvements. 10 %
- Data Entry – Advanced
- Word – Basic
- Excel – Basic
- Powerpoint – Basic
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* Annual flu shot
* Annual TB test (if applicable to your job location)
* Annual HLCs (Healthstream, formerly CBL)-Safety at Work and Corporate Compliance
* Maintain licensure/certification/registry/listing (if applicable to your job)
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please click HERE to apply!
Apply Online: http://bit.ly/2IBJYqr