The NCHIMA Education Committee offers scholarships that are awarded every year at the annual meeting.
In order to be eligible for any scholarship the following criteria must be met:
- You must be a student in good standing in a CAHIIM accredited Health Information Management, Health Information Technology Program, or Masters in Health Information Management in North Carolina and be a member of NCHIMA.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in college work completed. Official transcript required.
- Obtain a recommendation from your Health Information Management Program Director (HIM students) Health Information Technology Program Director (HIT students) or Health Information Management Master’s Level Program Director (Graduate students) along with two (2) additional letters of recommendations. Volunteerism with NCHIMA is strongly encouraged and a letter of recommendation from a Program Chairperson or a Regional Coordinator would be acceptable.
- Submit a typed resume that you will upload when completing the online scholarship application.
- Completion of the online NCHIMA Scholarship Application.
AHIMA also offers scholarships. For more information, visit AHIMA.