The Triangle Region of NCHIMA has established a new Credential Advancement Award for its members. The purpose of this Advancement Award is to encourage HIM professionals to pursue HIM pathways that support their professional growth and encourage students to take the RHIA/RHIT AHIMA certification examination within six months of graduation.
The Triangle Region of NCHIMA’s Credential Advancement Award is eligible for all active Triangle Region of NCHIMA members and applies to all AHIMA certification examinations: RHIT, RHIA, CCA, CCS, CCS-P, CHPS, CDIP, and CHDA.
The amount of the exam fee reimbursement will be based on the verified amount paid by the applicant and the AHIMA Member price for the exam, at the time of the semi-annual recipient selection, whichever is less.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be an active AHIMA and Triangle Region NCHIMA Member.
- Must be in good standing with AHIMA, NCHIMA, and the Triangle Region at the time the application is submitted and at the time of the semi-annual recipient selection.
- Must have passed the certification examination of RHIT, RHIA, CCA, CCS, CCS-P, CHPS, CDIP, OR CHDA
- Applied for reimbursement within three months of taking the examination.
- Must have not received a Certification Exam Fee Reimbursement at any time previously.
- For RHIA and RHIT certification examinations: Must have passed the examination within six months of graduation from a CAHIIM-accredited program.
Applicants are required to submit the following within three months of taking the examination:
- Completed Certification Exam Fee Reimbursement Application
- Documentation of:
- Exam passage
- Receipt verifying the amount paid for the examination
- *For RHIA and RHIT certification examinations: Documentation showing the date of graduation from a CAHIIM-accredited HIM/HIA or HIT program. (For example transcript).
Selection and Notification Process
Annually in September and March, the Triangle Region of NCHIMA will select the recipients from among the eligible applications received in the prior semi-annual period. The selection will occur via a random draw. Up to two (2) recipients will be selected during each draw period, pending funding and board approval. After each draw, the Triangle Region of NCHIMA will notify the applicant(s) if he/she was selected, and checks will be mailed shortly thereafter to the selected recipient(s).
- September selection will include eligible applications received from March 1st through August 31st.
- March selection will include eligible applications received from September 1st through February 28th/29th